No, employers will not need a sponsor licence to employ an individual who has settled or pre-settled status. A European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national who has been granted settled or pre-settled status has the right to work in the UK under the new immigration system in place from 1 January 2021, without being sponsored by an employer and without obtaining further immigration permission.

Irish nationals have the right to work in the UK and do not need to apply for settled or pre-settled status.


Original article ‘Does an employer need a sponsor licence ti employ EEA nationals who have settled or pre-settled status?’ Written and Published by XpertHR


Looking to recruit via an agency?
Read our report “The Ultimate Guide to Finding a Recruitment Partner

Not yet benefiting from flexible workers?
Read our guide “Why Using Temporary Workers Will Grow Your Organisation”

How can you be sure you’re doing all you can to attract the right talent for your organisation?
Read our guide “The Ultimate Guide to The Recruitment Process”